Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend Recap and 101 things in 1001 days

We had a wonderful weekend! The weather was awesome and we got to see our Mom's so all in all it was a success and went by WAY too fast!

Saturday we were busy we had a few errands to run in the morning, I had to give Macy her flea treatment and her heart guard and she does not enjoy the flea treatment, but loves the heart guard she is silly :) We went to our local Culvers and bought some flowers for around the house, i wasn't sure what i wanted to get, so i just decided Geraniums would do good, because as some people say they are a hearty flower :) I also wanted to do something different in my pot this year, so i asked the lady working if she had any thoughts, and she threw this combination together and said if i take good care of it, i can replant it for an inside plant this winter and it will stay until next year! I can save some money that way! (the flowers in the pot cost around 60 dollars!! )

I told the hubby i didn't want to plant the flowers until next weekend, but after we took my mom out to eat for a late lunch and her and I went and got her flowers, ( i spent way too much time looking at plants and flowers on Saturday!) we decided to fertilize and plant everything, Macy laid in the drive way on her blanket while we did all the hard work! We got everything done and i think it looks good, hopefully it stays that way. I need to get some more mulch to cover the flowers and we should be set for some blooming flowers this summer!! I am still deciding on what perennials to plant on the side of our house, I want to do hostas and something else, but just not sure what to do? After the hard working of planting we went for a much needed bike ride! It was great to get out and ride again, Welcome Spring :)






 I also decided to cross off another thing off my 101 things in 1001 days, i decided to make cupcakes from scratch, the recipe i had looked really good. So i spent the next 2 hours baking the cupcakes, making the frosting and frosting the cupcakes, Joe said they were good, but i thought they were a little dry.......




Sunday we went out to eat with my Mother in law, Father in law and Sister in Law and then we went to the Kernels game ( a local minor league baseball team) and we got a little sun our faces and my hubby had some red arms yesterday!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Until next time,
<3

0 comments: