Friday, May 20, 2011

Book Club Friday & Weekend

I am going to link up with Megan over at A day in the life.. for the first time for Book Club Friday! I am hoping this will help me get all my book recommendations i need for my 101 in 1001 days list :)

Right now i am reading Still Alice by Lisa Genova, it was recommended by Jennifer at Books, Recipes and Life, Oh My. I was very excited to start reading this book and i am about 3/4 done with the book, This book is about a Harvard psychology professor who is given the devastating news that she has early onset Alzheimer's, the brutal facts of Alzheimer's are heartbreaking, and it's impossible not to feel for Alice and her loved ones.

It has been hard to put this book down, i have been having some trouble sleeping the last 2 nights so i started this book on Monday night and have knocked out about 130 pages so far, looking forward to the end. This book makes me question, if i knew i had a possibility of getting Alzheimer's, would i get tested to see? How would i live my life if i knew, one on Alice's daughters is trying to conceive a child and it is interesting to read what choices she makes....

I am very excited to see what everyone else is reading!

I have not been home for a full weekend since Easter! I am looking forward to a weekend with my hubby, and Macy we dont' really have plans just errands to run, finish spring cleaning and hopefully some outdoor work, Joe wants to power wash the house and i want to finish planting my plants! Looking forward to doing some shopping at the plant shop again  :) I also need to do some shopping for  a upcoming Bridal Shower/Bachelorette Weekend in Minneapolis!

What are you plans for the weekend?

Until next time,
<3

6 comments:

Heather said... [Reply]

Wow, that sounds like a very moving book! Thank you for linking up & sharing!

star said... [Reply]

I have never heard of this book, but it sounds very interesting!

Megan C said... [Reply]

Thanks for linking up! Love your blog!

Kimberly said... [Reply]

Looks like an interesting book. So neat to see what everyone is reading.

Mrs. Pancakes said... [Reply]

your newest follower..i so need to start reading again!

Heather said... [Reply]

That sounds like a very emotional book. I may have to read it since Alzheimer's runs in my family. Thanks for the suggestion :).