Sponsored by Day Zero, the home of the 1001 Day Project. A unique challenge that inspires you to set and achieve your personal goals in life.
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
(Taken from http://www.dayzeroproject.com/)
Start Date: March 17, 2011
End Date: December 13, 2013
Bold- Goals that are in progress
1. Compliment someone everyday for 10 days straight.
2. Pay for someone else’s food behind me at the drive-thru.
3. Develop a workout routine.
4. Finish our basement. (drywall and carpet)
5. Plant more flowers around our house in the Spring of 2011 and 2012. 0/2
6. Attend church at least 2 times a month for a year 0/24
7. Buy something from Etsy.
8. Buy a DSLR camera.
10. Take our dog Macy on more walks, nights when I am home, weather permitting.
11. Pay off my credit card.
12. Go skydiving.
13. Go scuba diving.
14. Have a baby.
15. Run a 5K race.
16. Update my passport.
17. Learn basic sign language.
18. Take a cooking class.
19. Host a cookie exchange around the holidays.
20. Do Farrells Extreme Body Shaping 10 week class.
21. Visit Niagara Falls.
22. Ask 20 friends to suggest one book, and read them all. 0/20. Taking suggestions, please leave your recommendation below :)
23. Take a photography class.
24. Start a new family tradition.
25. Start saving more for retirement.
26. Get 100 followers on my blog. 7/100
27. Buy new energy star appliances for kitchen. 2/4 We decided we NEEDED (and we really did) a new dishwasher and Refrigerator, we got an invite to an extra 15% off, can't beat sales!! :) 2 down 2 to go!
28. Adopt another 4 legged fur baby.
29. Not log in to facebook for a week (7 days)
30. Quit biting my nails.
31.To get a new hobby.
32. Get someone else to do the 101 in 1001 days.
33. Donate a toy for toys for tots.
34. Try a new recipe every month for 6 months. 0/6
35. Participate in a "boot camp." Start April 4th
36. Learn to crochet.
37. Buy a new lap top computer.
38. Use more coupons.
39. Get a massage.
40. Get a facial 2 times this year. 0/2
41. Enjoy a day with NO TV.
42. Decorate my work space at work.
43. Attend a home and away Iowa Hawkeye Football game. 0/2
44. Make homemade pasta. Found a recipe tonight!
45. Try something new off the menu at 3 restaurants we go to frequently. 0/3
46. Have a garage sale.
47. Improve my posture.
48. Blog every day for a week.
49. Swim with dolphins.
50. Visit a zoo.
51. Sing karaoke.
52. Go para sailing.
53. Buy a bicycle.
54. Complete the RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) class.
55. Attend the Iowa State Fair in 2011 and 2012.
56. Eat Sushi, try 2 different types. 0/2
57. Take a unplanned weekend road trip with the hubby.
58. Buy a sewing machine and learn how to use it.
59. Give up soda for 3 months.
60. Go to our local farmers market and buy local /fresh produce.
61. Turn my blackberry off for the weekend.
62. Leave a 100% tip.
63. Recycle more, look at things before throwing them away.
64. Write a hand written letter to my friends instead of emails. 0/5
65. Stop using plastic bags, use reusable bags.
66. Mow the yard.
67. Write a living will.
68. Get family pictures taken.
69. Go 5 days (a work week) without spending money.
70. Bake cupcakes from scratch. Have the recipe, now i just need to make them
71. Try a spinning class.
72. Buy new glasses.
73. Dress up for Halloween.
74. Plant a vegetable garden.
75. Spend a day at the beach.
76. Stay at a bed & breakfast.
77. Take a tropical vacation.
78. See a movie in 3D.
79. Plant a tree in our backyard.
80. Save $5 for every task I complete.
81. Develop a better skin care routine.
82. Travel to and eat at 3 restaurants featured on Diner's, Drive-In's and Dives. 0/3
83. Ride in a hot air balloon.
84. Visit a state or location I have never been to.
85. Make a wish at 11:11 on November 11, 2011.
86. Send anonymous flowers to someone who is having a tough day.
87. Attend the midnight premiere of a movie.
88. Attend the Des Moines Farmers Market.
89. Kiss in the rain.
90. Explore 3 towns in Iowa, that we have ever been to.
91. Attend a wine tasting.
92. Host a giveaway on my blog, when I reach 100 followers :)
93. Try 5 new restaurants.
94. Expand my vocabulary by 100 words. 0/100
95. Subscribe to 3 new magazines. 1/3 1. Everyday Food
96. See 10 movies in the theatre. 0/10
97. Get a professional teeth whitening.
98. Fill our empty picture frames and hang them.
99. Walk and raise money for the JDRF walk.
100. Buy more AMERICAN made products
101. Drink green beer on St. Patricks Day.
Please become a follower, so you can see my progress!!