Thursday, February 28, 2013

Save Haven and JDRF

Last night my friend Janelle and i went to see Safe Haven, she has read the book and i have not! I have been wanting to see this but Joe was not really in the mood to watch another chick flick! haha! Janelle and I love to go to movies on Wednesday night, if you have a theatre MVP card you get a free medium popcorn on Wednesday nights! How great is that?


Image
 Have you seen Safe Haven? Did you like it? I really enjoyed the movie, i  love to look at Josh Duhamel and also Julianne Hough was great in the movie , i loved her on Dancing with the Stars, so i thought she did a great job! Janelle recommended that i now read the book, so i told her i would, it gives me another book to add to my 101 in 1001 days! Have you read any great books lately you would like to recommend?

Seeing Safe Haven i was able to cross another thing off my 101 in 1001 days list #96 was see 10 movies in a movie theatre! I also crossed off #99 by raising money for JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) As some of you know, i was diagnosed 2 days before my 13th birthday my older brother was also diagnosed when he was 8. I keep great control of my blood sugars, but i am also blessed to have dual health insurance and able to get the best care to keep me healthy. I gave myself a week to raise $500 and i surpassed that goal and was able to raise $640 dollars in a week!!!! I couldn't be happier and have a HUGE thank you to send to all my family and friends that made this goal possible! Next year i am hoping my family can have a much larger goal and all participate in the event.

I am happy it is Thursday, do you have any weekend plans that you are looking forward to? We are planning to go our indoor Farmer's Market this weekend because they are having an event, because our Community was selected to become a Blue Zones Community, have you heard of Blue Zones? You can read more about it here.

I also see i have a few new followers! Welcome, i hope you stay around to learn more about Life with the Adams! :)

Until next time!

1 comments:

jessica said... [Reply]

I'm dying to see that movie!

And oh, Farmer's Markets are my FAVE :) Have a great weekend!