Sunday, February 24, 2013

New recipe and 101 things in 1001 days

This weekend i was searching Pinterest for something easy to make and a friend of mine had suggested i pin this Chicken Biscuit recipe and try it, so i went to store to get all the items i would need and followed the recipe exactly as it says....



It looked really good, but the flavor was really not there for me, i did substitute the peas for corn because i don't like peas? I also thought the cheese was NOT a good idea it called for sharp cheddar and i thought it made the dish a little bitter with the cheese

I think if i do make this fattening dish again (haha) i will do a package of mixed veggies and also maybe add some garlic salt and pepper just to add some flavor to the dish. I thought it was easy and it would be something the kids would like, but i thought it was bland and needed some more flavor and i also thought you didn't need as much soup, it was a little runny! Haha i am sure being the critic aren't i? We once had a work bake off and i was named Melissa "can't boil water" Adams, haha i always say i can't cook or bake, so i think they thought i really couldn't but they all enjoyed my cake even though i didn't win i was still proud of myself for participating!

So all in all i am going to call this a Pinterest Fail..... just because it was not that good and i have to make too many changes to the recipe to give it a yes in my book!

I have a tab on my page of my 101 in 1001 days i am slowly making my list complete and this April i am going to be scratching a few more items off my list like Going to Disney, Para sailing and i am also hoping to to Swim with Dolphins! My mom and i have decided to take a trip to Florida to visit my aunt and while we are there we are going to spend a couple days in Orlando and hit up Disney and Sea World! I am really looking forward to it, any suggestions on places to eat and things i must see?

Also on my list i have to raise money for the American Diabetes Association so i have decided to give myself a goal of $500 in 1 week, i am raising funds for the JDRF (juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) If you are interested in helping me reach my goal this week, please feel free to donate to a cause that is near and dear to my heart, you can donate here. My brother and i were both diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, i was diagnosed 2 days before my 13th Birthday and my brother was diagnosed right before 3rd Grade started.

I guess I have rambled enough today! I will leave you with this sweet picture of Macy!
Until next time!

0 comments: