Saturday, July 16, 2011

My hometown and surrounding areas :(

On Monday July 11, 2011 my hometown and the surrounding communities had a severe wind storm tear through the town(s), they had straight line winds at 110-130 mph for 10 consecutive minutes. The sirens never sound, my parents were in the basement and my mother and sister said it sounded like things were just falling. Little did they know when they came upstairs what the town would look like. My parents lost power at 5:15 a.m. on Monday and are still without as of today Saturday at 12:00, so are many others, they last reported that about 60% of town had power. They were told yesterday it could be as late as Wednesday or Thursday, the bad part is Iowa is going to be having some severe heat, we will be in a "extreme heat advisory" come Saturday night! There were no severe injuries reported and everyone is safe, just lots of clean up. We were suppose to have our class reunion this weekend as well and it has been postponed until a later date, below are some pictures of the town, i will post more when i can get the pictures from my mother.

Trees at the Iowa Braille and Sight Savings School

The roof at the Iowa Braille and Sight Savings School





I hope that the town can get power back to people before the heat comes and that everyone is staying safe during the clean up.

I hope to have more pictures and updates soon, hope everyone has a cool and fun weekend!

Until next time,
<3

0 comments: