Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hadley - 5 months old

I know I say this every month, but how is it possible you are already 5 months old! The time is going so fast! You are still the best thing that has ever happened to Mommy and Daddy! We love you with all our hearts, you are so happy, sweet, smiley, cute, very observant and curious! We cant wait to watch you explore more and learn as you grow! You are growing so fast, slow down my sweet baby girl!

Clothes: You are wearing mostly 6 months clothes.  I can't believe all the sweet little clothes we have in totes that you will never wear again! I never thought I would be such  a sap about everything, but I cry every time I wash something and know you will never wear it again.

Health: You are a great eater and very healthy, I weighed you and then me earlier this week and it said you weighed 16 pounds. We have not started oatmeal cereal yet, but we are hoping to do that soon, we might also start some veggies later this month, since you are almost 6 months old! You are a healthy and happy baby girl, which is all we ask for!

Diet:   You eat around every 4 hours during the day and you have been going around 6-7 hours in the night, you are strictly eating breast milk at this point, but mommy is pumping at work to give you the milk you need during the day, you take 2 4 ounce bottles while I am at work, then you nurse around 3 other times at night! We had eliminated your night time nursing session, but it seems like it has been back for awhile! I am ok with that, because before I know it you will no longer be nursing and that will make this mommy so sad, I just love our time together!

Sleep:  You are sleeping mostly through the night, you take a few power naps during the day and then maybe a 2 hour nap late afternoon early evening. It seems you are sleeping every night when I get home from work! But you do love your sleep which is a good thing! Hopefully you continue that, this past weekend, you slept through the night 9 hours and then you took a 2.5 hour nap after you nursed that morning! Growth spurt I would say :)

Baby Gear:  You love your play mat, swing, bumbo, all your rattles and the mirror still, you are now loving your Ergo carrier, the exer saucer is becoming a favorite because you are now big enough to sit in it! You love to be busy and you also like to have us hold you and look into the bathroom mirror, you are also loving all the chew toys you have! I also think we have a favorite blanket and a lovey all picked out already! Anxious to see if those things stick or not :) 

Likes:  Baths, laying on your back looking in the mirror, tummy time you have really started to love this, now that you know what to do, swinging, sleeping, snuggle time with mommy and daddy, rocking in your rocker, your sister Macy, feeding time, your crib, pacifiers and also car rides!

Dislikes:  Diaper changes, being hungry and also cold diaper wipes, you have now started to not like to get burped!

We took you out of your newborn sling in your bathtub and you love all the extra space so you can kick around and splash with mommy :) You were also baptized this month on March 2nd it was  a great day! You were awesome during church, you slept and smiled when needed :)

Hadley you are seriously the best gift we have ever gotten we love you more and more each day which is hard to believe our hearts are already exploding with love for you! You make us smile and our hearts melt for every smile and giggle you give us!




Happy 5 months Hadley Marie! We love you to the moon and back, I say that being your mommy is the best job I have ever had and it is so true! I wish I was with you everyday all day! Can't wait to see what this month has in store for us!

Love, Mommy

4 comments:

Emily said... [Reply]

She is just too cute, love her! Where do you like to buy all her headbands from?

Anonymous said... [Reply]

pretty nice blog, following :)

Anonymous said... [Reply]
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said... [Reply]

OH MY GOODNESS! That little giraffe playmat is adorable, and so is she! ;)