Friday, February 4, 2011

DIY project

Since the day we moved into our house, we have wanted to get rid of this hideous entry light! I have wanted a ceiling fan and we have looked for almost 2 years to find one! We finally found a fan we both liked and it had to have a remote, so that might be why it took longer then expected to find the "perfect" fan!

Joe and my father in law set out on a Sunday afternoon to get it done, i thought when i got home from errands it would be up and i could admire the great work of my husband, but it was not up just a empty ceiling :) A few hours later it was up and we could not be happier! I love the Joe can do most of the things around the house himself with a bit of help. Our next project is a new roof, that will be coming later, early this spring i am hoping before April and then we have a few more DIY projects up our sleeves!

DO you like to do home improvement projects yourself or have others do them?

I enjoy doing them, but sometimes my patience gets the best of me and i don't want to finish the project, i just want them to be done!

So what do you think? Did you think the before light is as bad as me? I can't wait until this Spring so i can turn on the ceiling fan and enjoy a nice breeze through the house :)


Before


After :)


0 comments: