Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hadley - 2 months old

How is it possible our sweet baby Hadley is already 2 months old where have the last 2 months gone! I am so sad, I only have 3 weeks left of maternity leave with her and it is breaking my heart that I have to leave her and go to work! How do you working moms do it, any suggestions are welcome and needed as I start the journey back to work :( I am sure I will be crying for at least the first week haha!

You have changed our lives for the best and we can't wait to watch you become your own person, but please slow down! I love your baby stage and don't' want to miss anything and I want to cherish all the squeals and coos you have for us!

Clothes: You are wearing mostly 3 months and some 3-6 months clothes we have almost 2 small boxes full of stuff you have outgrown! I am so sad to look at those sweet little clothes and know you will never wear those again! Some lucky little person will get those someday!

Health: You are a great eater and at Mommy and Me class you weighed 11 pounds 7 ounces but that was a week and a half ago, we have your 2 month appointment tomorrow, so we shall see how long and how much you weigh! I am so sad to watch you have your shots, even though I do it every day it is going to be different to see your sweet little body hurt from them :(

Diet:   You eat around every 4-5 hours during the day and you have been going around 6 hours in the night, you are strictly breastfed at this point, we do give you one bottle of breast milk a day, your daddy feeds you because mommy pumps while he does that, I feel like I am losing some of my supply, any suggestions on keeping it up while I go back to work! I want to get Hadley through the middle or March before I have to supplement with formula if we can help it!

Sleep:  You sleep around 90 minutes to 2 hours at nap time and you also sleep around 6-7 hours at night, we are awake more and more during the day I just love to watch you move and shake and also have conversations with you! You are one sweet baby!

Baby Gear:  right now you love your baby mirror, which you love to look at while laying on the floor, you love your swing, rattles, you still love your crib, car seat and also you are starting to like your Ergo carrier which helps mommy, but it is still a little awkward, maybe we just haven't figured it out yet!

Likes:  Baths, laying on your back looking in the mirror, swinging, snuggle time with mommy and daddy, rocking in your rocker, your sister Macy, feeding time, your crib, pacifiers and also car rides!

Dislikes:  Diaper changes, being hungry and also cold diaper wipes, you also do not like to take your multivitamin with Iron, we will be asking about that at your appointments!

Happy 2 months Hadley! We love you to the moon and back!!



Happy 2 months baby girl! love you so much!

Love, Mommy, Daddy and Macy :)

2 comments:

Emily said... [Reply]

She is just precious!!!! And getting so big! They grow so fast...

Ashley said... [Reply]

Wow, she's beautiful!!

It's awful how fast time flies. I get sad about it but have enjoyed all the new things that each new stage brings.

As a working mommy, I was completely blessed that my employers let me take Grayson to work with me for a few weeks. (I work in an office). It worked out but I think it was harder on both of us. I am grateful for the time I got to spend with him during the day but as an employee, it was hard.

Once he started going to a sitter - I can tell you my suggestions:

Make sure you are 100% comfortable with who you have watching him. (I pulled him from his sitter after 6 visits and went with someone we knew).

Ask if you can call (most understand) once or twice a day just to hear how her day is going. Verbal confirmation is such a relief during the long hours. It helps break up the day. I looked forward to the mid-day call. Instead of looking at it as 8 hours, it was half a day until I could check in, and then only half a day until I could pick him up.

Know that: It's hard, you will cry. You will feel guilty, but it will get easier. My son is 20 months now. Every Monday sucks very badly. I after 2 full days with him, I hate dropping him off on Mondays. I want him with me all day. You'll feel that way too. Mondays suck. Today sucked because I had off yesterday. :(

Can you start back with some half days? Either way, you'll pull through it. It will get better. Just trust that.